Monday, March 3, 2014

quantum mechanics

Today something reminded me, once again, how fascinated I am by people, who excel in a specific field and this field is completely different from everything I have studied or tried so far. The more chemistry, physics or computers one person is dealing with, the more curious and fascinated I am.

The most interesting experience of this kind I had when I was photographing for my MA project, Dr. Professor Sandu Popescu  from University of Bristol, UK. He is one of the world's foremost experts in the field of Quantum Information theory, and also in the foundations of quantum mechanics. Dr. Popescu worked on many  aspects of quantum theory, ranging from the very fundamental, to designing practical experiments such as the first quantum teleportation experiment, that took place on 4th of July 1997.

Why I was photographing him? Because professor Sandu Popescu is born in Oradea, Romania and he is one of the Romanians - positive examples, as this is how I started my project Mother Romania.
To go in the laboratories of the University with his guidance was one of the most  interesting experience and day of my life so far...












No comments: